Need special areas or spaces
Need special buildings
|Bowling greens||Youth clubs|
|Golf course etc.||Ten-pin bowling alleys etc.|
1) Very expensive to build
2) Very difficult to build
3) Maintenance cost is very high
4) Can affect other people’s work
5) Can damage the environment
Sports facilities are big users of space and land is expensive in town and city centres.
Residential (housing) areas bordering the city are called suburbs.
The areas at the edge of a town or city and farthest from the center are called outskirts.
Children who live in flats and homes without gardens
These children can play safely in children’s park
1) Producing noise pollution
2) Producing air pollution
3) Eroding (wearing away/ eating away) the land
4) Damaging the land