The Nile flooded the farm land.
1) The land was no longer flooded
2) Farmers ploughed.
3) They sowed seeds.
4) And dug new irrigation canals.
1) Farmers collected the harvest (crops).
1) Ploughs were made of wood.
2) They were pulled by oxen.
3) Ploughs were used to turn over the soil ready for the seed to be sown.
1) For breaking up heavy soil
2) For digging
1) Emmer is a kind of grain like wheat and rye.
2) It is used for making bread.
1) The grain (wheat or emmer) was ground into flour.
2) Flour was kneaded (squeezed) with water into a dough to make bread.
|Fruits like dates and figs||Beer|
|Meat (Beef, mutton and meat from ducks and geese)||Vine|
Fish was caught in the Nile and pickled and dried in the Sun.