If you eat more food your body stores the extra food as fat. Likewise your body makes its own fat. Fatty food gives us more energy than starchy food. Fat in food helps people feel satisfied, so they don’t eat as much. But that doesn’t mean a high-fat diet will be good for you. Eating too much fat make you fat and can raise blood cholesterol levels and increase the risk of heart disease.
There are two major types of fat in foods:
1. Fat from plants (Plant Fat)
2. Fat from animals (Animal Fat)
1. Fat helps to grow and develop a kid’s body.
2. Fat helps to keep our body warm.
3. Fat gives energy to the body.
4. Fat helps to absorb some vitamins.
5. Fat helps to produce hormones and they insulate (protect by covering) nervous system tissue in the body.
So fat is not the enemy, but you’ll want to choose the right amount — and the right kind — of fat.
|Nuts and peanuts||Butter|